Epson Launches Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR
Epson today introduced the Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD1 Projector with HDR2. This home theater projector uses a new technology from Epson called the 4K PRO-UHD technology which features an improved version of Epson’s advanced pixel-shifting, resolution-enhancement technology and an expansive color gamut with high dynamic range (HDR).
The Pro Cinema 4050 is spec’d at 2,400 lumens of color and white brightness, a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 and HDR10. Its color gamut displays the entire DCI-P3 color space and Epson’s 15-element glass projection lens displays a more uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberrations. In addition, a wide lens shift range for the Pro Cinema 4050 is ± 96 percent on the horizontal axis and ± 47 percent vertical axis. This projector also includes a 12-bit digital processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control for smooth, crisp transitions between scenes.
Additional features include:
- HDR High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast — full 10-bit color output and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1
- Epson’s Advanced Projection Lens — a 15-element glass projection lens
- L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — 100% of the 3-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut, the digital cinema standard, with 50% wider color gamut than Rec. 709
- 3-Axis Precision Motor — for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96% horizontal and up to ± 47% vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
- Delta Level Color Accuracy — low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
- Pro Cinema Kit – Includes a three-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), a ceiling mount, cable cover, and extra lamp for added installation flexibility.
The Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR is $2,399 and here are the details.